Monday, November 26, 2012

Possible Jamestown Heritage through Fannie Doggett - Hugh Doggett Scott Sr.

Jamestown Heritage Possible
through
 Fannie Doggett - Hugh Doggett Scott Sr.


YES, you can help prove this.  If you want to help start collecting paper proofs to document one generation to another, feel free to jump on board this heritage quest.  



Yesterday I was watching a National Geographic documentary on Netflix about Jamestown.
My dad, Richard Hill was over for the holiday.  We were talking heritage, history, and our fortunate lineage to Virginia families. He asked me to see who our oldest Ancestor was on my family tree.

During the search on American soil, I found John Burrows, or variable spelling of Burruss, Burrus, Burroughs, Burrows, Burrowes who not only settled in Jamestown, but leased or sold his land lot to John Smith of the famous  Pocohontas stories. 

I am focused on my Daughter's of the American Revolution proofs right now, but I did want to post this, in case anyone out there who is descended from the Scotts, were interested in this lineage lead, and wanted to pursue it.

Jamestown Society
There is a heritage society with regards to Jamestown Ancestors, you may join if in fact, we can prove it.  Remember leads are not proof.  You have to link one generation to another through a paper trail.

Here is what I have, but remember this is a loosely tethered and unproven line.   I have not double checked all the lineage facts with proofs.  Ancestry.com does frequently have mis-information added by others.  I will get to this much later.  Posting while it is on my mind.



LINEAGE FLOWCHART BELOW


John Burrows of Jamestown
 to
 Fannie Doggett Scott & Hugh Doggett Scott, Sr.  line.  

You need to pick up from a common ancestor.

 

John Burrows (1630 - 1705)
is my 9th great grandfather (Debra)
 
John Burrus (1660 - 1705)
Son of John Burrows/Burruss/Burrows/Burroughs
 
Charles Burrus (1678 - 1745)
Son of John Burrus
 
Samuel Burrus (1730 - 1777)
Son of Charles
 
Charles Burruss (1752 - 1805)
Son of Samuel Burrus
 
William Chiles Burruss (1779 - 1846)
Son of Charles Burruss
 
Sarah Adeline Burruss Doggett (1814 - 1885)
Daughter of William Chiles Burruss
 
Fannie Adaline Doggett (1848 - 1904)
Daughter of Sarah Adeline Burruss
 
Hugh Doggett Scott (1873 - 1952)
Son of Fannie Adaline Doggett
 

No comments:

Post a Comment